This post was submitted by Duma Cornel Lucian.
1. Glogster Edu is my favorite curation and presentation tool and I am proud to be an Ambassador. This edu tool opens the gateway through knowledge for students because it develops children’s creativity and innovation . Glogster EDU is the leading global education platform for the creative expression of knowledge and skills in the classroom and beyond. GlogsterEdu empower educators and students with the technology to create GLOGS – online multimedia posters – with text, photos, videos, graphics, sounds, drawings, data attachments and more. I made a GlogsterEdu for Curation Restart Education Project here http://dumacornellucian.edu.glogster.com/credproject/
2. Scoop.it enables professionals to share important ideas with the right audiences giving them an opportunity to create and maintain a meaningful Web presence, a crucial component to the success of their business and career. Scoop.it lets you share ideas that matter and shine on the Web through beautiful topic pages. Collect relevant content and add your insight to attract an avid audience. Whether you’re a professional or educator representing a business or nonprofit, Scoop.it will help you efficiently and effectively build your online presence. Scoop.it is a one-stop shop for social media and content curation publishing. When you post on your topic page, you can easily share to your social networks including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+. Advanced analytics available on Scoop.it Pro and customizable pages, post scheduling and WordPress integration available on Scoop.it Business.
3. Learnist is the latest social media curation tool for education , still in beta! launch by Grockit team . Learnist super easy to share what you know by pointing to existing web resources. You can use videos, blogs, books, documents, images, anything to explain how to learn something.
Use Learnist to share what you know and learn new things. Create Learning Boards on topics you understand and add learning by pointing to videos, blogs, images and documents on the web. Board creation permissions are granted on rolling basis.
4. Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. Teachers use pinboards to manage their projects and also People use pinboards plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes. Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests. To get started, request an invite or leave a comment after you read my post with your email and I will send you a invitation to try this curation tool . Also don’t forget that you must pin a image to bookmark on pinterest .
5. Mentormob is a social media startup curation tool who make learning online free and accessible to the entire world. One Learning Playlist Can Reach Millions…
Creating and editing Learning Playlists is a free and easy process. Not only does it show the world what you know, but it opens your knowledge to people who share your skills so they can help you refine it by adding and editing your Learning Playlist. Each Learning Playlist can be rated, bringing the best ways to learn to the top of the charts.
Creating and editing Learning Playlists opens the door to being able to share your skills and get feedback from those who share your passion.
So finally, we can get some real organization when learning online because after all, it’s not up to the Internet to make learning free and accessible to the world, it’s up to us.
6. Mightybell: This is about infusing passion and color into everyday life. Too often, we spend time on what we have to do, not what we want to do. We’ve lost the ability to follow what makes us curious, in favor of choosing what makes us more efficient. With Mightybell, you can step into a world of curiosity and serendipity. By making space for ideas, interests and adventures with friends, you’re embracing the opportunity to create a more colorful life. Each Mightybell space has a story, one you can share with as many likeminded people as you want. You can share: a question, an article, a link, a video or a photo about something that interests you is all you need to start a Mightybell space. After all, you never know when you’ll discover your next passion.
7. Springpad Smart Notebooks to save, share and act on what’s important to you and to your friends .Springpad now makes it easy to invite your friends so you can make awesome notebooks together. Springpad is great for just about anything and it’s even better when you invite your friends. Springing just got easier .Now you can just type in the information you want to save and let Springpad do the rest. Try typing in a task you want to remember, an event you want to save, a movie you want to see, or a product you want to buy. It’s that easy!
8. SymbalooEdu is a social media curation tool, great resource for teachers. With Symbaloo you can: Gather the best content on the web about 1 topic, and present it on a webmix Share a webmix with other teachers, and students. Discover useful webmixes in the Symbaloo Gallery to use in the classroom Share a webmix with parents to provide some insight of the used materials A worthy mention: Symbaloo is free of charge and doesn’t include any annoying ads.
9. Zeen is a social media startup curation tool launched by Avos (YouTube Co-founders) who offer a cool new way to share your interests with the world – bring pictures, prose, and videos together in eye-catching digital magazines.
10. Socl: pronounced social, allows you to express and share your ideas through rich post collages comprised of images, links, captions and videos. Socl is a research project from Microsoft Research FUSE Labs and began as an experiment in social search targeted at students for the purpose of learning. Following the lead of the Socl community, Socl has since evolved to be a service where people connect over shared interests expressed through beautiful posts that take only seconds to create.